Thursday, January 19, 2012

Vera, or How I Don't Care About "Looking Professional"

This is my new (laptop) backpack (from here) and it makes me soooooo happy!
It's the most expensive (even on sale) backpack I've ever owned, but it is undoubtedly the very best. And I'm not saying that just because I think it's pretty, but because it's well made, roomy, seems to be resistant (it's all lined with synthetic materials on the inside) and it is very comfortable to wear, even with a heavy 16 inch laptop (in the main compartment since it only fits laptops up to 15 in.), two heavy textbooks and other books and things. It was just what I needed to be more efficient at work!

It does not look one bit "professional," but it's just what I wanted and I'm definitely taking it along when I go to my discipline's annual conference in March to present a paper. Flower Power!

4 comments:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Very cheery!

Melessa Gregg said...

I agree! It's gorgeous!

perrie said...

I love it! So cheery and unique-looking...

perrie said...

Ugh--I hate having to switch my login name each time. That's me, Alissa...